Thursday, October 13, 2011

No news is...no news

Looks like Saturday night's contractions were just the unproductive, irritating start of absolutely nothing. Occasional contractions all this week, a few strong, most mild, with no pattern. Ended up seeking (and heeding) OB's advice to stay home, the in-laws came up early and we've got just about everything ready--except, apparently, my body.

I'm feeling generally OK, but a searing pain beneath my right ribs is causing some mobility issues and disrupting sleep even more than usual. I'm told that it's probably cartilage separating from bone as the the baby puts more and more weight and pressure on my none-too-sturdy ribcage. If it weren't for this, I would be more than content to wait for my due date and enjoy some time off around the house; as it is, though, I am eager to deliver.

The little fellow is doing just fine, and I am grateful every day to feel his near-constant internal pummelings. He is active in a way that is almost comical: sitting in meetings or conversing with friends, I will catch people looking intently at my tent-clothed belly, watching the obvious kicks and undulations with a sort of fascinated horror. (Especially the young, single men. They are clearly creeped out.) Now if he would just pummel his way out...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jen said...

I'm so glad you are still doing okay, and I'm very relieved to hear that you've got a little rest time, pre-baby. Sending lots of love your way--can't wait to meet the little man!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best during the wait and the big transition. Good luck finding a comfortable position!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home