Thursday, April 14, 2011

And then it hit me

Yesterday, Jeff called me at work and told me that he'd just spoken to "the lady." The lady? Which lady?

Jeff: "The LADY! You know, the GENETICS lady!"

Me: "You mean the one who..." (We work in biotech, so I thought he meant this new client he's been working with.)

Jeff: "NO, you nutjob, the LADY from the PLACE!"

Me: "Place? Huh?"

Jeff: "The PLACE! The place where you had the PROCEDURE!"

Me: "Procedure?"

Jeff: "The giant needle tube thingy?"

Me: "Oh, gotcha! But we're not supposed to hear from her till the results are in next wee...oh!" (Suddenly terrified, despite Jeff's upbeat greeting.)

Me: "And...?"

Jeff: "And..."

Me: "AND?!"

Jeff: "Good chromosomes."

Me: "Really?"

Jeff: "Mmm hmm."

Me: "REALLY?!"

Jeff: "Yep."

Me: "SERIOUSLY?!"

Jeff: "Really. Seriously."

Me: "And..."

Jeff: "A boy. He's a boy."

Me: "A BOY! He's a BOY!"

And that's when the cold brick wall that had been blocking the light in my head came down and the laughter and delight billowed up from the rubble. Jeff laughed with me until I was verging on tears.

There is a tiny, beautiful, squirmy person growing in me. A boy. A boy who has a really good shot of making it. This is real. It's really happening. And I am in love, once again.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Jen said...

PHEW!

And also, YAY! Congratulations--can't wait to meet him!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Wow! That is amazing and wonderful - congratulations!!

7:59 PM  
Blogger jill said...

Yay! You made my day.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Kerri said...

I am so freaking happy for you guys...both that everything is perfect with your little guy and that now you can relax and get excited. I love that you're in love. Congratulations!

10:11 PM  
Blogger VHMPrincess said...

and that....is fantastic news!!! Congratulations!!!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Foxxy One said...

That brought tears to my eyes! Hurray for healthy chromosones!

6:22 AM  
Anonymous PJ said...

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!

7:27 AM  
Anonymous electriclady said...

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Bad Egg said...

So glad! Here's to an uneventful remainder of your pregnancy!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read for years and never commented...until now. THAT IS GLORIOUS NEWS!!! Congratulations to you! Jamie in TN

10:21 AM  
Blogger Tommie said...

I am so thrilled for you. Thrilled for this new little boy and for your joy at finding out he's got such a great chance of joining his big sibs.

10:48 AM  
Blogger 4katnap said...

YES! And I am so glad that you are able to instantly be excited and in love! Sending Hugs and grins!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Karen said...

Great news!! So glad you can take a breath and enjoy now!Q

6:05 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Aww, congratulations!!! *wipes away happy tears*
What wonderful news.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Lovely news, I'm so pleased!

6:25 AM  
Anonymous cass said...

This just made me all giddy inside. And a little teary, in a good way.

xo

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home