Friday, April 08, 2011

96% good

The CVS procedure--surprisingly painful but uncomplicated--was yesterday afternoon, and now we wait and worry and fret and wait some more. I ended up with persistent cramps and have remained on bedrest, but they're easing up and I am back to just feeling like my usual nauseated crap.

The genetic counselor took a thorough history, broke out charts, described the notification routine and left us with this comforting stat: The odds of any detectable genetic problem, even given my age and history, is only 4%. I can live with that--at least for the next seven to ten days, till the results are in.

3 Comments:

Anonymous stephanie said...

I've stopped reading blogs, by and large, and this morning happened to have a free second.
Holy cow, with the congratulations!
And hooray! and yay!

(and coming from the 4% side of the fence? It's not as bad as most think, but I know it's always a 'thing'. Good luck with the CVS results!)

5:10 AM  
Anonymous stephanie said...

also, that was me, the one that can't type a url correctly.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Foxxy One said...

Hurray for 4%!

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home