Sunday, February 27, 2011

More than I expected

There is something there. Something to lose. Something more than last time.

In the months since my last miscarriage, I consciously tamped down that part of me that kept hoping, contained and compressed it until I almost could not feel it anymore. Yesterday, seeing two dark lines, that pressurized grain of hope exploded through me like a bomb.

I feel intensely vulnerable, intensely scared, but also intensely hopeful.

I know that the odds are not on my side. I accept that. But there is a chance, and that is so much more than I expected.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Jen said...

Oh, my dear friend. Hoping hoping hoping fervently for you.

10:17 AM  
Blogger postwriter said...

Oh yikes, that little seed of hope just roars to life sometimes, doesn't it? Here's hoping your chance turns out to be a win. Jill

12:15 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I can't tell you how much I hope the odds matter for nothing in this case and you have the very best outcome possible.

1:06 PM  
Blogger 4katnap said...

best of luck! keep us posted on teh daily P-stick news!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Foxxy One said...

Keeping fingers, toes & eyes crossed for you! Prayers that it's your turn.

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Carla Hinkle said...

Oh, wow. Wow. Here's hoping the little spark has a chance to grow.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Jen said...

Any news? Beta? I'm going crazy here! :)

6:51 PM  
Blogger Alexicographer said...

Crossing my fingers for you.

6:54 PM  
Blogger persephone said...

hoping so hard for you, Bugs.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home