Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti

What words are there to describe this? Hell? Annihilation? I cannot process the facts, the scope. I am struck dumb by this misery. I can't watch but I can't stop. The people, impoverished and homeless and hurt, loved ones dead. Can't stop picturing the children. There were already so many orphans in this third-world country on our wealthy doorstep; today, there are so many more. And they may be the lucky ones. Please, what can we do? The donations we've made feel profoundly inadequate.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

It's awful, isn't it? I saw pictures coming in on Twitter last night and just couldn't comprehend it. A living nightmare. I feel so inarticulate.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually stay away from TV news. But someone tweeted the number 100,000 last night. Killed. Seems unreal. Hard to wrap your mind around a number like that.
-zarqa

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home