Friday, February 16, 2007

Ups and Downers

Yesterday we got the word that our below-asking offer was accepted on the house of our dreams. It is large. It is lovely. It is of my favorite vintage (1920s) and one of my favorite styles (Hollywood Mediterranean). We will feel like prince (the house is castle-like) and pauper (we aren't actually, you know, wealthy) all at once. We were typically elated, with lots of No ways and Holy cows and Oh my gods and more No ways. We laughed and danced around the lunch room to the congratulations of our co-workers.

Today, however, was a lot more subdued. We got the word that my dad would be staying in the hospital instead of getting sprung yesterday, as was the original plan. The blood clots in his left leg, the result of his Parkinson's-induced immobiliy and general poo-poohing of physical therapy, decided to go an a walkabout in the general direction of his lungs. Much heparin was given; much coumadin to come. We hope a visit from Olivia will get his circulation going, though we have to sneak her into the hospital room disguised as a small pink throw rug.

Back Tuesday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Millie said...

Congrats on the house. How exciting!

So sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure a visit from Olivia will lift his spirits. I hope the drugs do their thing and he can go home soon.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Jen said...

I'm so sorry, sweetie. I hope your visit goes well--if anyone could lift spirits, it would be Ms. O!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I hope your dad's recovery is swift. I'm sorry all this is going on.

Yay on the house - that's fantastic! Best wishes for a pleasant weekend.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Congrats on the house--wonderful news :-)

And I've no doubt that a verboten visit from the pink throw rug will brighten his spirits and do him a world of good!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Dirty Butter said...

Very glad to hear the pregnancy seems to be in full hormone swing, although I'm sure you'd rather have just a hint of nausea, for reassurance's sake, not the full raging mess!!

As for your Dad, I can certainly identify with everything you've posted, as we're going through the same thing right now, and have been through it in the past with Mama and DH's Pop.

I continue to have you on my prayer list.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home