Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Telling your father what to do...

...is a miserable business.

No, you can't postpone the physical therapist till tomorrow. Yes, you have to drink the Ensure. No, you can't lie on your back for another hour. Yes, you have to go to the doctor's on Thursday. No, you can't skip the morning blood draw. Yes, you have to have the dressing for the bedsores changed now. I know it hurts, but you have to do it anyway.

I know you're tired, but you have to do it. I know you're not hungry, but you have to eat it. Here, let me cut it up smaller for you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie-Baguette said...

I am so sorry Bug. I hope things will get better. Bon courage.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous z said...

i'm sorry things are difficult right now (((HUGS)))

8:02 PM  
Blogger laura said...

I'm so very sorry. I really can't imagine how this must make you feel.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anna H. said...

I'm sorry, sweet Bugs.

Sending love to you.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

Sounds pretty grim. Hope there's some comfort and joy for you these days, somewheres in there. You're doing a good thing.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home