Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I Have Nerves that Jingle, Jangle, Jingle

Second beta came in at 18,970, for a doubling time of around 74 hours. NP considered this result "fine"; the internet seems to consider it not quite ideal. Betabase lists a median doubling time for this hCG range of around 60 hours, and I'm wishing I were a little closer to that, but it's not slow enough to freak out, exactly, even though that's what every fiber in my body seems to be gearing up for. It's like there's a muscle-memory for freak-out, and any marginally bad news sets in motion this incoherent twanging fear and discontent. It's stupid; this news is maybe mediocre, but it's not bad. And yet I go into low-grade panic mode.

The twanging fear and I will just have to hang out till Friday, when the Wand Monkey is due for a feeding at 11 a.m.

10 Comments:

Anonymous B.Mare said...

Back when I was 5-6 weeks far along, I hadn't even had a beta and wondered if I should get one. And someone very knowledgable about all things beta mentioned to me that betas aren't even "all that" at this point in the game and that ultrasounds are much more reliable in terms of assessing how things are going. So fret not, my sweet. Fret not.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember, the higher number, the longer the doubling time. 18K is fantastic!!

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugs, I will be thinking of you, that you receive the results we all pray for.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Z said...

Dr. Google is always so negative when it comes to beta numbers. it's so not good for the spirits. stay away from it and try to stay positive...will be thinking of you this friday

6:25 PM  
Blogger Ollie said...

It's virtually impossible to be in this spot and NOT be in nervy jingle jangle mode. I'm still behind my belief that it is still a good number, though. Dr. Google just makes the nerves tingle even worse.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh lord, what have I done?!?!

It's a beautiful number, sweets, and I'm thinking hard over here.

Deep breaths. It's almost Friday

9:05 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Sadly, knowing what we know is going to set every nerve jangling even without the beta being very slightly slow. I keep hoping for symptoms because I don't really have any - just like last time, and since that didn't work out...

I'll keep it all crossed for Friday

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about numbers and such...but I'm thinking about you.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugs.
Hoping Friday brings you relief from worry. I'm forecasting great, great things.
:)
-D.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Ollie said...

Pacing.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home