Tuesday, December 26, 2006

'Twas the morning after Christmas

And all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring,
Except me, my umpteenth OPK of the month and some animatronic tree ornaments.

So, on the...what would this be? The twenty-third day of my cycle, maybe? Anyway, I'll call it CD 23. On CD 23, to my jaded, cynical and, yes, wondering eyes did appear not one but two very dark magenta lines. Which is lucky, since I was ready to throw in the towel (the rag?) on this interminable cycle and just wait for The Blood to return. Not that The Blood won't return anyway, but at least I will sporadically be able to delude myself for the next twelve or fourteen days and go into a nice little depressive tailspin from the hope comedown sometime in early January.

10 Comments:

Blogger k said...

Good luck!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Lindy said...

Congrats on the positive opk. That's something, right? And good luck!

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. S'great, innit? Life feels somehow incomplete without a peestick.

Alchemilla

9:09 AM  
Blogger Mudbug said...

Congrats (maybe?) on rejoining the land of TTC; I hope that you are able to skip the tailspin portion of the program.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I am confused. Is this the second positive OPK since earlier in the month, or is this a positive preg. test?!

1:20 PM  
Anonymous laura said...

As you said a few posts below, "I can't believe you're doing this!" Let the fun begin!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Menita said...

It's a start, isn't it?
Good luck!

4:15 PM  
Blogger DeadBug said...

Dear Anonymous,

Would that it were so. Alas, it was just the first positive OPK--they're only positive when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. I went through about twenty of the buggers before the first positive.

--Bugs

1:46 PM  
Anonymous joy said...

"...sporadically be able to delude myself for the next twelve or fourteen days and go into a nice little depressive tailspin from the hope comedown sometime in early January."

i love it. so true.

what i really wanted to tell you is RUN to www.saveontests.com. if it wasn't for that site, i could have spent at least as much as one ivf trying naturally for a year...

anyway, here's hoping for this cycle...

5:49 PM  
Blogger elle said...

wow, good luck!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home