Friday, December 15, 2006

And now the nanny thinks I'm pregnant

Yesterday, I opened stick-peeing season. There was a faint magenta second line on my inaugural OPK, which I left on the bathroom counter for purposes of comparison with this morning's urine. When I got up at 3 a.m., I forgot; when I got up at 5 a.m., I forgot. When I got up at 8:45 a.m., the nanny had already arrived and gone to the bathroom, where the stick was still prominently displayed next to the sink, its misleading two lines clearly visible.

She has been smiling shyly at me all day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lindy said...

Oh, Bugs! Is it wrong that I'm laughing so hard at your predicament? I know it is, but still!

How does one explain the intricacies of ovulation prediction to the nanny anyway?

And I meant to comment before about the inaguration of all of this... YIPEE!!!!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Alexa said...

Ha ha ha! Oh my, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time...

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

That's funny! Good luck with all of this -- I'm thinking of you.

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Bugs, I'm so hoping for you!

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is too too sweet! How very funny. Guess that's blue cheese, wine, etc etc off the menu for you while the nanny's looking - can you imagine how utterly disillusioned she'd be at your lack of proper prenatal care?

Alchemilla

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Came ijn to see if you'd written a new post and decide my comment needed a little clarification, lest you'd think I went demented on you, what I meant was, I'm so hopeful for you for 2007, that despite all odds and all that. So there, I am.)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Bugsy said...

Oh I'm sorry - but that is hilarious.
Wishing you all the best for the holidays.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home