Thursday, October 12, 2006

O-fer-2

We struck out swinging the last two nights. Like the better forms of stomach flu, Olivia's beneficial sleeping bug was of the 24-hour variety. It then mutated, as viruses will, into the all-night-fuck-you-and-your-little-dog-too bug, the Anti-Sandman's merciless Trojan horse. We have used every trick in the book, and I have even started pleading with her, eyes be-dewed with the tears of exhaustion, to Please, please just sleep for a couple of hours, Olivia. Please, baby girl, I need to sleep. Won't you sleep, please? Please, sweet girl, so mama can go earn a living and keep you in those fuzzy, tagless sleepers you demand?.

This...sucks? I need a better word for this. It...Hoovers? It Dirt-Devils? It Electroluxes?

7 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Personally, I like the "it hoovers". Hope you (and she) find sleep soon!

4:07 PM  
Blogger S. said...

I can so sympathize! K was like that last week courtesy of an ear infection in the making.
Hope you get sleep soon, whatever it takes.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Ally said...

Oh, that's the worst. You get that little taste of what it's like to sleep, and it's worse than if you hadn't. I still find things at work that I screwed up the first year after my son was born. I hope you find sleep soon.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt this will help AT ALL, but you do realize what she's going through is normal? It's called the "six month sleep regression" and it is temporary. Cause isn't clear. No known effective treatment. My own baby just came out of it on his own at age 7 months to the day... Good luck!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Ova Girl said...

Oh yikes Bugs. Horrible. Hang in there.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Not sure if you're open to this, but have you tried co-sleeping? My two have yet to sleep through the night consistently, but when they wake, the only way for us to get enough sleep to make it through the workday is to bring them to bed with us.

Good luck!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

charlottesville real estate Was the Site I arrived at when I was offered the best real estate deal in my life you must contact this company.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home