Sunday, May 14, 2006

For Jeff, my love

For my love, holding Olivia in her darkened room, trying to quiet her screams

For my love, changing every diaper, always willingly

For my love, securing the car seat just so

For my love, bathing her so carefully, making sure the water's just right

For my love, dressing her in her onesies, always clean

For my love, singing tuneless, soothing songs in your unpracticed voice

For my love, rocking her to sleep

For my love, pacing the 3 a.m. floor with her, a study in patience

For my love, washing and folding, cooking and cleaning

For my love, arranging everything

For my love, smiling in wonder

For my love, kissing her head, kissing her belly

For my love, comforting me in this sporadic despair

For my love, I love you even more, now that she is here

Happy Mother's Day, my love

6 Comments:

Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I really needed that cry today, sweets. I hope you are feeling a little better.

5:39 AM  
Blogger HomeFireBlue said...

I also hope you're feeling a bit more well, a bit more Bugsy.

What a gorgeous post. I have one like that as well and it's a difference like night and day how much easier it makes Mommying.

-Blue

9:58 AM  
Blogger Millie said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Hope you're feeling better soon. I'd love to give you both a night off from cooking. Say the word and dinner will be there this week.

Love to all of you.

5:29 PM  
Blogger amyesq said...

And he's cute, too!

What a great post.

5:53 PM  
Blogger The Lioness said...

See? We told you the love would grow exponentilly once she was here! WE TOLD YOU! And now we're happy.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugs sweetie,

That is a heartmeltingly lovely poem.

But just because you can create it doesn't mean you're not still ill - so get a grip dear woman and get yourself to a doc pronto. Suffering from PND is totally acceptable: ignoring doing something about it when you have 40 plus caring internets (many of whom actually know first hand what you're going through) lovingly urging you to get your ass to the doctor is not.

Forgive me if I have offended you - it's just that I can't bear the thought of you losing precious moments with Jeff and Olivia because of something so totally treatable.

Alchemilla
xxx

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home