Friday, January 27, 2006

Barren bonanza

OK, you guys are so good for the ego. Me? Thoughtful? Aw, shucks. I really felt like a big old donkey's ass, walking into that office. You people are the thoughtful ones to make me feel so good.

Unlike, alas, my dear sister, who, as several of you said, seems to be throwing the party she wants instead of one I, and I'm guessing most of the guests, would enjoy. Well, if she ever gets knocked up again (and even at 39 the chances are still pretty good, what with her completely over-the-top fertility, of which I am still seethingly jealous), at least I'll know how to throw her the shower she'd want, since I'll have the rose-and-pale-green floral blueprint.

For smiling through the shower, there is to be a very special reward on Saturday evening, which I am looking forward to most profoundly. I will tell you about it when we return. All I can say for now is, Wooooooot!

5 Comments:

Anonymous amanda said...

I hope you have a fantastic time at your shower even if you have to put up with all of the pastel floral crap. I can't wait to hear about the forthcoming reward.

2:02 PM  
Blogger amyesq said...

Have, uh, fun at the shower. Too bad you can't even drink shots of tequila to get yourself through it. Kind of unfair, really.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Wavery said...

Your shower will be great if for nothing but telling us stories about the matching napkin/underwear set your sister got her hands on. Have a good time.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Millie said...

Oh how I love Amy's idea! I hope you have fun. I can't wait to hear the stories.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous laura said...

Given my own personal shower anxieties, I am simply dying to hear how the matchy-matchy shower turned out!!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home