Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It's 10:38 p.m. and I just got home from work

And this is early.

For the short-term future, I will be living at work or, on a very few precious days, in our basement-cum-office, which is spiced with the rich aroma of mysterious allergens.

The project we are working on has gotten out of control, the timeline grievously compressed. We are, essentially, frantic.

I am still feeling quite foul, but am clinging to the rumor that the nausea and exhaustion should let up soon--I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow, so it's about damned time. And I'm jonesing for my bi-weekly ultrasound, which is now quadra-weekly, if such a thing exists. There should be some sort of methadone for ultrasound junkies. Am considering a home doppler rental, if I can get the time to reserach one. Unless you women of insight have some tips for me, maybe?

I have been speed-reading Bloglines in hopes of keeping up, but I seem to get farther and farther behind each day. And it's killing me. Guess I need some blog-withdrawal methadone, too.

10 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Re the home doppler, I have one from Babybeat, and it's been working great for me since week 14. Mine is the basic one without the digital readout, and I haven't missed the extra features.

Hang in there.

3:52 AM  
Blogger k said...

Yes, yes, the home doppler. I rented it twice (BabyBeat, the most stripped down model) and it saved me a few nervous breakdowns each time.

Hope your nausea lets up soon.

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking to say....I rented from babybeat.com for my entire pregnancy; couldn't have been happier!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

Yep, Babybeat, a lifesaver. I still occasionally use it if I'm too sick to eat to make the baby move! And yep, the cheapest one is fine. Best $24/month I've ever spent.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Miss W said...

So I'm not the first to say it...I have the babybeat.com doppler. No digital readout (because seriously, I can count it myself). At 27 weeks, I still use it a few times a week...any time I start to think his movement is slower or less intense, I pull it out. It is such a relief.

5:51 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

I really hope work lets up for you soon. I started feeling much better around 16 weeks, hang in there.

Home doppler is the only thing that gets me through to the next visit. I got mine from stork radio. I have a lot of padding in the belly area and the one I rented works well and has worked well since about 16 weeks. I would say a digital reading is a nice to have not a must have. It fluctuates so much anyway that counting would be just as easy.

6:47 AM  
Blogger VHMPrincess said...

Love the one I got from Stork Radio, just returned it yesterday, in fact.

I like the digital readout one because I find the heartbeat and get a readout in just a second or two, then turn it off. No holding on and counting or wondering if I got it right...

6:53 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Take it easy there Mrs. Bug!!! Hope that work settles down very very soon for you.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Jen said...

Sweetie, I got the babybeat doppler too, and I luuuuuuurve it. I find it really helps alleviate the jonesin' for an ultrasound. I did get the one with the recording capability, so that I could play it for my parents.

Hope your work schedule (and the satanic nausea) lets up soon!

9:37 AM  
Blogger emily said...

pray that you don't have the morning/allday sickness that i had, it let up somewhere around 33 weeks.

surely you aren't that unlucky.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home