Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Transient thoughts

In the past hour, while eating dinner with Jeff and The Parents at our kitchen table, I have had the following thoughts:

...Melted raclette smells worse than feet.

Melted raclette is my favorite food.

Was that a fleeting breast pain?

What's that leaking sensation down under?

Oh, god, I'm miscarrying, aren't I?

You fucking idiot, it's just vaginal discharge.

Boy, I've had so much vaginal discharge lately.

I wonder if that's a sign that I could be pregnant?

You fucking idiot, you are pregnant?

Oh, right, forgot.

How can you forget?

Not sure.

My in-laws are the best.

I love my in-laws.

I wish they lived up the street.

Hmmmm.

I wonder if she thinks we're gluttons with all of this rich food?

She's looking at me with a trace of disappointment.

I hate feeling like I'm disappointing people.

It would be so nice if they'd go away for a while.

I wonder if they'll ever leave.

You fucking idiot, they leave in the morning for four days.

When they're gone, I can be one with my TiVo again!

I haven't seen any TV in ages.

I've read such good books, I don't think I need TV.

I should get rid of TiVo.

What's that wet sensation?

I wonder what changes they'll make to my protocol in October.

Can they give me more stims?

Sure would be nice if it worked.

It already worked.

You fucking idiot, you're pregnant.

God, raclette smells vile, like feet...

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so pregnant.

xxoo,
Emily

9:49 PM  
Blogger PimpPia said...

nice thoughts there hunny..

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Ollie said...

Neuroses are funny. I imagine the whole thing with "shifty eyes".

4:11 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Bwahahahaha ~sniff~ You're knocked up!

5:29 AM  
Anonymous T said...

Sounds about right!

5:31 AM  
Blogger Mellie said...

Great post. Perfect way to let us know what's going on in your mind. By the way, the one time we made raclette (which I too adore), our apartment building and super literally knocked on our door and accused us of having bags of garbage laying in our apartment. Being on the first floor, the odor wafted out to the apt. lobby and apparently offended everyone that walked in and out of the building.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Lala said...

That was very funny! I'm slow on the uptake and a few days behind but congratu-fucking-lations!!! That's great news! I can't wait to hear more!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

This is awesome...and scary in that they could be my thoughts too except I have no clue what raclette is!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Tine said...

Delurking to say: Ha! That post cracked me up. I'm newly pregnant, too, and feeling equally neurotic. (And this isn't even my 1st pregnancy, so what's my excuse?)

I can't remember how I wound up reading your blog a few days ago, but I'm glad I did. I think I'll stay.

And congratulations!

8:55 AM  
Blogger kristenL said...

wow your thoughts are so diverse.

mine are literally
-pregnant
-pregnant
-i'm pregnant
-I should be walking and not couching, or interneting
-but I am pregnant
-I am hungry
-I shouldn't eat those chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels
-But I am pregnant- the baby wants them
-I have to pee
-when was my last BM
-what am I going to eat?
-what the hell is that pain?
-Did someone crack an egg in my underpants?
-pregnant


Yeah I am REAL interesting these days!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahah!

It's funny--I think similar thoughts about adoption.

wow that baby is cute
i wish i was going to have a baby
wait i am going to have one!
is that chinese food?
i'm hungry for chinese food.
we're going to china!
that woman has nice hair.
i wonder if my baby will have hair?
oh my god i'm going to have a baby!

yeah, so i know. different thing, but same obsessing. cool, huh?

2:23 PM  
Blogger amyesq said...

Am so picturing the scene. Hilarious. And wonderful. You are so pregnant. I love raclette, by the way. mmmmm...

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Day said...

Hee hee you are truly prego! Enjoy!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Bwahaha...that is SUCH a pregnant conversation (with self) to have. I still get paranoid when the discharge feels too copious and I can feel him moving.

I am so happy for you Bugs!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous thalia said...

So glad you can have these thoughts, bugs!

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Julia S said...

Aw, congratulations!

2:11 PM  
Blogger April said...

Bugs,

I am so incredibly happy for you both. I'm gone for a bit and you go and get yourself all knocked up. What is that all about?

In all seriousness, though - it couldn't have happened to a nicer person. Your child will be so lucky.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home