Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My Bandersnatch is Frumious

Warning: Nauseating Grossness Ahead.


...


All has been relatively well for the last few days. Feel like I have the flu--queasiness, headache, tiredness, general blechiness. Just what I signed up for.

But yesterday, for no apparent reason, thick, greenish goo with the consistency of slithy tove (or perhaps day-old flan) began to seep out of my cooch. In quantity. Oddly reminiscent of the loogies one hocks during a raging sinus infection, but with a volume that would be the envy of enraged sinuses everywhere.

I have emailed Dr. FYC's office and been told in reply that it's probably caused by "excess progesterone" (test previously scheduled for tomorrow) but I am not really comforted by this opinion, as the eminent Dr. Google, in whom I have enormous trust, says that I should beware the Jubjub bird and shun the frumious Bandersnatch (or, at least, that I should beware some sort of unpleasant but treatable infection). If the progesterone test is normal, I'm planning to insist on an exam, cause they're so much fun. But if it's abnormally high, should I trust the diagnosis and assume Dr. FYC is correct? I'm going back and forth, just gyring and gimbling in the wabe, all mimsy like a borogove.

14 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Wow Bugs ... hope you're getting this checked out. And can I just say that your previous post has me in tears? I agree...stay little one or two...stay.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

And just think...I was complaining about a little bloating. Now, I can say that at least I don't have green goo coming out of the good ol' cooter :-) I'm glad that you're getting it checked out and hope that it is quickly resolved.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Delurking to say that I had something similar...ended up being nothing. Hmmm...definitely get them to check it out!!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Jenn said...

I had a light green goo once, and it was caused by progesterone, but the suppositories. I'd definately get a culture done or something. Green typically means infection, and that's not something to mess around with, especially when infections are usually easy to treat.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous T said...

hmm, I only had greenISH goo - I wonder if I should have checked it out. Oh well, I'm still hanging. Can't wait to find out what the doc says!

5:50 PM  
Blogger amyesq said...

Wow. Lots of cooter-snot. I hate to say it, but that's not very brillig.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Mandy said...

Always good to check the seepage, just to be sure. Hoping it just turns out to be the "increased discharge due to surging hormones" variety. :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger The Lioness said...

I agree you should have it tested, green is not always a user-friendly colour. Am beginning to dislike progesterone quite a lot, wth??

2:05 AM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Well, just wait til the mome raths outgrabe.

Just. wait.

6:29 AM  
Blogger VHMPrincess said...

Hope they can give you a good answer soon - glad you're going to get checked, let us know.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Leggy said...

Between Asship, confusing ultrasounds, and green goop, you just can't catch a break, can you? Hope they are able to determine cause and stop all icky discharge ASAP.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Cass said...

Hope you're resting comfortably by the Tumtum tree, and that you hear something reassuring from Dr. FYC soon.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Wavery said...

Oh, just got back and am thrilled with your news. YAY!!!!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home