Friday, July 29, 2005

This could work

Still can't quite believe it, but...

Second beta 316. Progesterone "excellent".

Ultrasound August 10. Running out the door to pick up new weekly-dose progesterone prescription. Couldn't be happier. Oh, and still no symptoms. Nary a one.

Real post with complete sentences coming soon.


Updated to add: What with all of the popular demand, I will herewith provide the weekly progesterone information for the benefit of jabbed and bruised women everywhere: It is called Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate, and it is in a suspension of castor oil. The progesterone-to-suspension ratio is much higher, so I'm still only shooting one CC, but it breaks down very slowly, providing a consistent progesterone supply for a full seven days. (I grilled the pharmacist, as it just didn't seem possible, but he assured me that...well, he said something that involved the words "chemical makeup" but I didn't quite take it in.) The only drawback is that it requires the 22G needle, which is not pleasant. But at least it will be not pleasant just once a week.

The product is, you guessed it, from The Medicine Shoppe. Email me if you'd like their phone number. I am considering making The Medicine Shoppe our embryo's godmother. Also, I do not own stock in The Medicine Shoppe, but I would if I could.

23 Comments:

Blogger Emma Jane said...

Party on! What a beautiful number.

(And are you serious about weekly progesterone? Weekly? WEEKLY?)

2:28 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Whoo! Congratulations!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous anne said...

Congratulations! And what IS up with weekly progesterone?? I have to use suppositories 3 times a day!! I must know more...

3:22 PM  
Blogger Mudbug said...

Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!

And don't worry, you'll get those symptoms soon enough, my friend.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Anna H. said...

Yay!

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful...

xxoo

3:38 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful to hear!!!

4:20 PM  
Blogger VHMPrincess said...

Another great number! Congrats!

4:42 PM  
Blogger kristenL said...

I am still a little bleary eyed with happiness for you both!
Good Stuff...

5:16 PM  
Blogger K|nneret said...

Most excellent :) Keep the good news coming :)

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Leggy said...

Yeah! I'm curious about the weekly progesterone- do tell us more.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Cass said...

Excellent, excellent. (And taking notes for future reference - I think I lurve the Medicine Shoppe already, just in anticipation.)

6:36 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

That is wonderful news!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Great number. I hope things keep going well.

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mozel Tov! Wonderful numbers indeed!!

Julie from Tales from the Stirrups posting from home :)

6:50 AM  
Blogger The Lioness said...

Oh Bugs, oh Bugs, oh Bugs!

OH BUGS, holy fuck!!!!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Molly said...

So, so, SO GREAT! Congrats!

7:44 AM  
Anonymous OvuOpt said...

To quote Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally"...."Yes, Yes!, YES!!!" (table slapping optional, but highly encouraged)

So completely thrilled for you, my dear. And loving those numbers. HOORAY!!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Mellie said...

Excellent!!! Keep the good news coming!

8:37 AM  
Anonymous thalia said...

Hooray, what great numbers. So pleased for you - hope you are feeling pleased for yourself!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous wavery said...

Keep it up girlie, those numbers are marvelous!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Internal Spring said...

I'm on so many hormones the news that you got knocked up has got me sobbing! YAY!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Z said...

many many congratulations!

with my first pregnancy i didn't feel ANY symptoms in the beginning. of course, i worried, panicked and took HPTs every day to make sure i was still pregnant. then i hit 10wks and the morning sickness came with a vengeance! stayed with me until the day i delivered! I HATE NAUSEA!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Demented M said...

Coming late to the party, but congratulations. That is awesome!

M

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home