Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sunny-side down

Measured twenty-two follicles this morning, but they are not in a neat and tidy cohort--the range is thirteen to twenty-three, with most in the fifteen to eighteen range. So, we're delaying trigger for a day and going with another E2/progesterone test and ultrasound tomorrow morning. I'm told that we'll "for sure" trigger tomorrow night.

Dr. FYC said he was "very pleased" with the stim cycle so far and that I was "doing great." He smiled a lot as he said it, and seemed sincere, but I am worried. Why another E2 on day of "for sure" trigger, when there wasn't a test scheduled for today, which he initially thought would be trigger day? And, if it's true that the Ganirelix will prevent me from ovulating, why the progesterone test? And will another day of stims end up overcooking the lot?

Am I reading too much into this? Am I being paranoid?

10 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

No wisdom to offer ... just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and wishing you well.

5:39 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Damn Bugs, I'm sorry you had to wait another day. You have every right to be paranoid, it didn't go according to plan. I hope everything works out today and that your levels are where your doc wants them to be so you can just trigger already.

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Molly said...

I got nothing. Nothing but good wishes for you at trigger tonight.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Another day of stims might "over cook" the big ones, but it looks like you have more in the center of the pack that might benefit. The key here is that you have a good number of follicles, so some are bound to be okay. We had 21 with the same problem, but 8 did fertilize and several good embryos resulted. Hang in there!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

No advice - just lots of prayers coming at ya!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Jen said...

Um, what Suz said. No,I know nothing about eggs going splat, but it sounds like so far, this cycle is going well, and they are monitoring you regularly and well.

Best of luck for many beautiful eggs, whenever your "for sure" trigger date may fall. Thinking of you, and wishing and hoping for the best possible outcome.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Mellie said...

You gotta figure the doctor knows what he's doing. I understand the paranoia/worry, but Suz explained it perfectly. One day more.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Menita said...

What Suz said.
Absolutely everything crossed for you, my dear!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Zarqa said...

Ditto what Suz said about the extra day giving the middle of the pack a chance to catch up. You've got good numbers! Good luck with the trigger.:)

4:53 PM  
Anonymous J said...

That sounds like a mighty nice haul of follicles, Bugs! I wonder if your doc just wanted to check E2 and progesterone today because it had been three days since he checked it last? Good luck with trigger -- all my fingers are crossed!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home