Monday, July 11, 2005

Panic

We're supposed to trigger tonight at 9:30. But there's a problem.

The E2/progesterone test--clearly marked stat--was not run. It was supposed to be ready by the time of my ultrasound appointment at noon. Then the lab couldn't find record of it. Then they blamed the doctor's office. Then they found it. Purportedly, they will call Dr. FYC with the results by 7:30, and he will call and give us the go-ahead or cancel the cycle. And now I'm freaking the fuck out. I realize that the timing of the test can't influence the result, but I thought I would know by know. I counted on knowing by now.

I hate this helpless feeling, and there's nothing but helplessness in this.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Z said...

delurking to say so sorry you're going through this. i'm hoping and praying that you get some good news and all goes well tonight! you're in my thoughts!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Mudbug said...

Oh. My. God. Have they called yet? I mean, did they take a class entitled "A Million and One Ways to Torture Emotionally Fragile Women"?????

If they haven't called in exactly 27 minutes, I'm driving down there to kick some ass. Seriously.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Cricket said...

Jeez, it's 9:30 here. Why can't it be 9:30 there? Or maybe it's 6:30 there and you don't know anything? Now I'm confused.

Best of luck.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous amanda said...

Oh, crap. Why does shit like this have to happen? I hope you get the results soon and that you're able to trigger tonight.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous T said...

Oh my Good God - what are they trying to do? Why on earth would they cancel you? Why would they torture you in this hideous manner?

Are you on candid camera?

6:37 PM  
Blogger Cass said...

Oh sweetie. This uncertainty sucks. I'm just sitting here holding your hand and waiting along with you. But you should know something soon, right? Like, now-ish?? Like I said, holding your hand and patting your shoulder.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Anna H. said...

We're all here with you, Bugs.

xxoo

8:01 PM  
Blogger Emma Jane said...

Bad, bad, bad lab! They better get their butts in gear and start taking good care of you like you deserve, hon. (Especially with that great crop of follicles you've got going.)

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home