Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The glorious promise of the Medicine Shop(pe)

The IVF coordinator got back to me before ten this morning (sadly, it was well after the 7:30 a.m. injection, which was gruesome and even, very surprisingly, bloody). Her response, in brief, was as follows: 1) The sesame oil is what is causing the AssHip trouble, 2) the mild flu-like symptoms are to be expected because of the raging hormones, 3) not to worry about said flu-like symptoms unless I run a fever or notice significant bloating, 4) I can use up the rest of the peanut oil suspension from last cycle to start with, and 5) there's a super-thin progesterone suspension available from the Medicine Shop(pe?) in San Ramon, which is so light and fluid that it comes with its own especially small needles, and she placed an order for me.

The Medicine Shop(pe) pharmacist was kind enough to inform me that "most women find that this one doesn't hurt nearly as much" and that "the worst is that sesame oil." She seemed to know whereof she spoke, so I am now full of optimism and hope for the haunches. The AssHip is throbbing rhythmically with advance thanks to the Medicine Shop(pe).

13 Comments:

Blogger TigerJen said...

Ugh! Sesame oil. *cringe*

Evil stuff! It caused me to break out in a rash from head to toe. At least that's what my RE is blaming, instead of the Medrol.

I would love to hear more about this "Wonder Progesterone." Hopefully it will catch on and more companies will make it.

I'm having to use progesterone in cottonseed oil. Honestly, I *think* it's thicker than the sesame oil. Not fun!

Good luck to you! I'm crossing everything.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Cricket said...

It all sounds so breezy now. Yeah, breezy.

All my best.

5:37 PM  
Blogger cda2 said...

This sounds awful! My only "tip" (hopefully not assvice) is that I was told to warm up the PIO by just popping it in my bra for about 15 minutes before the shot. Afterwards, I've used a hot water bottle, and that seemed to help with soreness (but I have to admit I never had anything like what you have described so this suggestion may be crap). I can't remember where you live--hopefully, not New England, which is so hot right now I can barely even type "hot water bottle." Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. Let us know when you're back to hula hooping.

7:12 PM  
Blogger LeggyP said...

Yes, I've never heard of this wonder progesterone. I'm surprised she pinned it on the sesame oil right away- your symptoms don't sound like an allergic reaction to me (hives, head to toe- been there, done that).

Anyway, hope the new meds help and the thinner suspension does the trick.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Galloping Cats said...

I can't help but think this falls under the category of things that should have been brought to your attention YESTERDAY! I mean seriously, wouldn't everyone want the light fluid PIO with the very small needles?

5:43 AM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Hope the new stuff does the trick soon, babe.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Mellie said...

I was thinking the same thing as Galloping Cats, I mean, if so many people have such a bad reaction to the sesame oil, and this other thing works just as well...

Anyway, glad you got some answers and hopefully a solution.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Jenn said...

Wait, if there is one that doesn't hurt so bad, why don't they just prescribe that from the beginning?? Bastards

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Menita said...

Hope relief arrives sooon...
Bastards.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Hope this new stuff helps....little needles sound hopeful!

3:16 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Feeling like a bruised pincushion is not a good thing. I spend every afternoon and bedtime searching for a non-bruised spot to stick the needle into. I am so sorry the PIO has made you miserable and I hope the stuff from the Medicine Shoppe does the trick.

Praying for good results!!!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some 10-40w left over from my truck - it might sting but it would give you a nice aubergine colored bottom...

- BHM

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some 10-40w left over from my truck - it might sting but it would give you a nice aubergine colored bottom...

- BHM

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home