Wednesday, June 29, 2005

We cool

Still employed? Check.

Grandmother still alive? Check.

Stopped birth control pills? Check.

Ovaries quiet? Check.

Mood returning to normal? Errr...


Two bad things happened today: 1) My wireless network had an invisible but total meltdown when I tried to add a range expander, the addition of which was necessitated by the fact that our TV room/guest room/my office will be housing the in-laws for (*gulp*, *sigh*) two weeks, and I need to move my desk (new, from Ikea, $65 and rather sharp, but the legs must be removed to navigate our slender hallway) to the bedroom. And why, oh, why in the name of Alabama did the wireless manufacturer not document--somewhere, anywhere in the installation guide--that it is not compatible with 128-bit WEP encryption? 2) I was told that my cervix is now "difficult"--after being such a paragon of virtuous behavior--and will have to be stitched aside to ensure that Dr. FYC doesn't have problems during transfer. The stitching will, thank god, be done during retrieval, when I am happily asleep.

Two good things happened today: 1) Jeff made fauxlognese sauce. It is a bolognese without about 90% of the fat, and is a work of culinary genius. Tastes like pure and glorious sin. 2) I am soon to make my first real-life contact with a fellow blogging infertile, the lurvely Cass from Many a Mile. I hope that we will discuss what's wrong with our vaginas in loud, proud voices, drawing a fascinated crowd in the streets of San Francisco. Though, realistically, our audience has likely been desensitized by the just-past Pride weekend.

Off to L.A. for the seventy-fourth time on Friday, back Tues.

12 Comments:

Blogger Cass said...

We really need a flag to wave, too. Or a banner to march under. Or just some cool shoes, because they go well with vagina conversations. (It reminds me of that section from the Vagina Monologues where Ensler asks people "If your vagina got dressed, what would it wear?")

11:04 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

How Cool!!! I'm jealous!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Glad you're doing okay!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Mellie said...

You are cool, honey-bunny. Hope LA's fun and that you enjoy your in-laws's visit.

7:57 AM  
Blogger wessel said...

A recovering, beloved grandma and quiet ovaries? Girl, you've got it made in the shade! :-) Glad to hear that at least some things are going well for you.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Mandy said...

Please post the recipe--yum! thanks

12:09 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

We definitely cool until you said "stitched aside" - AACCK! I had to cross my legs!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Glad to see the checks at the top. When two infertiles get together does it become the vagina dialogue??? Have a blast with Cass.

5:35 PM  
Blogger chris said...

You are such a major tease--where's the recipe.

Glad you're feeling better and that your grandmother is okay.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous thisgirl said...

I'm totally dying to meet one of ya'll in person. Very jealous.

10:24 PM  
Blogger K|nneret said...

Hey ... I'd meet ya! I would! But you have to fly east first.
Enjoy yourselves :)

PS - sorry about the wifi thingie

6:02 AM  
Blogger Internal Spring said...

We had trouble with our wireless range and I got an Apple Airport Express that I thought could be used as bridge and it turned out to work as a router and the range extension was amazing, it was like adding a bridge it was inexpensive and it also works with your stereo if you plug it in to that you can wirelessly transmit your ipod to your stereo (I have a Dell laptop - no Apple computers at the moment).

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home