Monday, June 06, 2005

Gargling the saltwater and driving

Very quick post:

Had to return to L.A. again a few days ago--again--and got back last night. Nam had a small stroke and went into a coma, so we drove down as quick as we could. By the time we got there, she was, very surprisingly to all concerned, conscious. When we left, she was speaking, softly but clearly, and feeling OK. I feel like I've said goodbye to her a dozen times already; the rollercoaster is getting hard to take.

Other than that, just commuting and working, working and commuting. Now catching up after the unexpected absence. At least the next few days will be at home, investigating the lesser-known joys of regulated document management systems.

Haven't been able to read any of your blogs for days on end and am jonesing for some serious communing with the internets. Hope to catch up one of these days very soon.

15 Comments:

Blogger wessel said...

My goodness, Nam is really a survivor, isn't she! So glad to hear that she is doing better. Stroke treatment has improved a lot in recent years, thankfully.

Here's the Reader's Digest version of my blog story: we signed a donor! Transfer hoped for in mid-July. Check back then. :-)

12:16 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow, I'm sorry for this roller coaster you are on right now. {{{HUGS}}}

5:54 AM  
Blogger K|nneret said...

Thinking of you. I hope it gets easier and only for good reasons.

6:20 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Regulated document management systems, ugh, you are, unfortunately, speaking my language. I deal with Documentum on a daily basis. It's a workhorse of a system, but difficult to implement as it requires an experienced support staff and a fair amount of training. Good luck with your decision.

Glad Nam is hanging in there.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

{{{Hugs}}} and here's hoping that Nam continues to hang in there. Just wanted to tell you that I picked my first tomato of the plants you inspired me to plant this year.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Hang on toght. Thinking of you...

10:09 AM  
Blogger amyesq said...

UGH!!! Funny, my job now also concerns the joy of regulated document managment systems. Fascinating, no? Hang in there.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous chasmyn said...

((((HUGS))))

10:47 PM  
Blogger The Lioness said...

I'm sorry abt your Nam. Wishing you peace, sweetie.

2:29 AM  
Blogger JennaM said...

I'm new here, and just beginning to make my way through your archives. I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the combination of cynicism and sincerity in your blog. I feel less alone than I have in years.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous patricia said...

I'm so sorry. Real rollercoasters are a lot more fun.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you and Nam... Hugs. Heidi

6:24 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Just checking in to see how things are going. Still thinking about and praying for Nam and you.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Anna H. said...

What a rough ride, dear Bugs.

Thinking of you and your Nam...

xxoo

12:12 PM  
Blogger TigerJen said...

I'm glad you are back. I wish things were going better though

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home