Sunday, April 03, 2005

Ballpark Franks

Despite my pessimism, The Big Six are plumping up nicely on their chemical diet. Barry Bonds would not be unimpressed. The runt of the follicular litter is 17mm, the rest 18 and 19. I trigger tonight at 10:30; retrieval will be Tuesday.

My R.E. was cautiously optimistic about our chances, and talked with us at length about what's going on with his practice. He will be in business through the 27th, at least, and then an old colleague of his will be taking over if the board's decision is not overturned.

I decided yesterday that I am done with the wallowing, with feeling like an emotional invalid. So I decided to face some fears: first up, I did my own damned shots. And, with enough ice, they weren't as bad as I expected, just a little creepy. Then, despite my previous, and most emphatic, refusal, I told Jeff I would, indeed, accompany him to the wedding. We went, there were pregnant women everywhere, a good friend let slip that she's expecting again, the bride was annoyingly gorgeous in her sixth month, there were two dozen beautiful babies and toddlers, and I managed to enjoy myself anyway. It was oddly liberating. And I ate a pound of raw-milk Cowgirl Creamery cheese, just because I could.

I am not going to apologize today for apologizing yesterday for being a wuss on Friday, because I might find myself apologizing for apologizing for the apology tomorrow, and that could get downright silly. So I'll just say another "thank you" for your kindness and support, instead, and know I mean it truly.

16 Comments:

Blogger ankaisa said...

Go follies, go! I'm hoping each one contains a mature egg and a few are found lurking behind those six. Good luck with your retrieval!!

5:21 AM  
Anonymous deborah said...

Those sound like some damn fine follicles, girl!

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on you for doing the shots yourself! You're right - it's creepy, but okay. I'm rooting on both you and your follicles all of the way!

-Suz

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on you for doing the shots yourself! You're right - it's creepy, but okay. I'm rooting on both you and your follicles all of the way!

-Suz

8:22 AM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I am late to the party as per usual but I just wanted to say that you do not have to apologise for anything and we all have the same feelings and fears! I have got everything crossed for you, dear Bugs! Go, follicles!!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Good luck, Bugs. My dh had read that article in the Chronicle and when we were talking about it he was shocked when I said I "knew" someone affected by it personally. I'm so glad you'll be able to finish the cycle. And with any luck, this cycle will be a success and you won't ever have to worry about this again.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Good luck Bugs. Those follies sound awesome.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous thisgirl said...

Good luck Bug, I'm sending good mo-jo your way!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous oliviadrab said...

I'm looking forward to some very exciting things happening with your Six-Pack.

Rock on tomorrow.

4:28 PM  
Blogger kristenL said...

Go 6!
my forms of "prayers" are with you tonight and tomorrow.
I am so proud of you that you are doing the shots yourself. Admittedly reading (and writing) about sticking yourself or anyone skeeves me.
Lastly:
mmmmmmm, cowgirl creamery.....

4:40 PM  
Blogger Wavery said...

I am oddly enamored with your nice fat six pack.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just happened on your blog for the first time. Good luck!!!

Btw, if you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. The advice in it is probably more helpful for someone who is earlier in the process of trying to conceive, but it still might have some useful advice for you at this stage.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Julianna said...

Thinking of you and so glad your follies are behaving. Good luck with everything.

9:35 PM  
Blogger persephone said...

Bugs, I was away this weekend and missed all the drama, but I'm so glad to hear things are looking better!

9:45 PM  
Blogger wessel said...

Bugs, I'll bet those are the most stupendous, magnificent, wholly superior follicles in all of northern California right now!

Wishing you loads of luck and hoping that we hear good news from you soon!

Oh, and I can't believe you went to that wedding! Well, hey, my hat's off to ya, cause you're a better woman than I!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

I'm thinking about you today and hope the retrieval goes well. I also hope all 6 contain eggs and that they all fertilize!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home