Monday, March 28, 2005

On the Lamm

Jeff has the fever. Again. Is it in the Ikea air? Do they pump some magical, selective substance through their blue-and-yellow HVAC system? First it was the bunkbeds; now it's the Lamm.

I had my first small break on the job search front today--an interview with a technical recruiter--and, to celebrate, Jeff took me to Ikea to buy some cheap area rugs we'd been looking at for our garage renovation project. (Digression: Is it still a rug when it's made of some sort of reed? Or is it a mat? In my heart, I feel that rugs should be soft and squishy and...and...loomed, I guess.)

Anyway, when wandering the crib section, which I'd never done before, I came upon the Lamm. I mewled an involuntary little baby-item lust squeak. Jeff looked over and said, "Oh," with a little smile, then promptly walked off. I followed with a sigh a moment later, knowing that it would be folly to continue to ogle the Lamm.

Guess where I found Jeff?

Searching the shelves. For a Lamm. The Minnen Lamm, to be precise: pillow cover and crib sheet. $9.99.


 Posted by Hello

10 Comments:

Blogger Millie said...

That is just too cute. I don't know what it is about the Swedish baby things but it's bad. I was in Sweden shortly before we started ttc. I've still got the loot I bought back then for our baby. Locked up in the basement. It's a good thing I didn't buy the huge Swedish pram from the woman I met in Ikea there...she was even going to ship it to me.

11:37 PM  
Blogger The Lioness said...

Bugs, absolutely gorgeous!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Cricket said...

Love the orb, the ruby bejeweled orb!

(It mesmerizes sleep!)

5:31 AM  
Blogger wessel said...

Very lovely, Bugs. Maybe Baby up there is sending you little messages like "I want that" and "I want that." So, indulge little him or her! They're only young once . . . :-)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Too cute!

And Jeff? Yeah, he's a keeper.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

The Lamm is gorgeous and Jeff is truly special. I have my fingers cross for you both.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Bugsy, that is too sweet and your Jeff is even sweeter :)

11:06 AM  
Blogger kristenL said...

Sniffle...

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely and aw moment :)

xxoo,
Emily

7:53 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

What a sweet, wonderful man you have.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home