Monday, March 14, 2005

Hip and cool and cutting-edge?

Is IF now the hippest thing on the planet?

The best show on television--nosing out BBC's The Office by mere inches for the win, in my book--now has a bonafide infertility theme. A comic infertility theme. Yes, indeedy, I'm talking about Arrested Development here, folks. Genius! Pure, unfettered genius, I say!

We finally watched the episode from a week ago Sunday, which we had been holding onto in our TiVo list for a full seven days so we could properly savor the anticipation. I will not say much more because I do not want to sully the brilliance of the show with my hackjob of a recap, but let it be known that the words "your mother's fertile womb" were used to great effect.

How cool is that?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Arrested Development. (And The Office, too. I just got The Office Special from Netflix) We often laugh because Lucille once referred to Maebe (sp?) as "Not real. She was made in a cup. Like soup." Since our girls were also "made in a cup. Like soup" we laugh.

Linda
http://indigogirl.typepad.com

3:05 PM  
Anonymous thisgirl said...

You're like the 3rd person this week that has raved about that show. I guess I'm just going to have to break down and finally watch it.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

I might have to check in for a peak too! I've heard nothing but good things about it. As far as comic takes on infertility go, though, it's hard to beat Raising Arizona.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that show, and I definitely need TiVo Was it on last night? If it was, I missed it again. ;) Damn. And now it's doing funny infertility stuff? Double damn. Heidi (lost and finding)

4:04 PM  
Blogger Beaver Girl said...

Yes! And from the same episode as the "made in a cup - like soup" line that gets repeated often in my house, there's also "let's just say - she spent her inheritance just getting here."

5:17 PM  
Blogger Ollie said...

Ooh, I love Arrested Development. I am SO bummed that I missed that episode. Crap. Now I will either have to wait for a rerun, or just repeat that line like heresay and pretend I remembered to watch it.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Love the show...and I'm so sad its suppose to be cancelled at the end of this season.

11:18 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I'm putting my fingers in my ears, la la la. Us poor sods in the UK are 5 gazillion years behind on this fabulous show. Ah well, something to look forward to.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home