Wednesday, March 30, 2005

E2, Brute?

My lower abdomen, proud host to Follistim, Gonal-F and Repronex, has begun to take the form of a three-dimensional Seurat painting. Get the right perspective on it and the dots form a pretty pointillist scene--maybe a park and some women with parasols? The work may not yet be complete, but it's already so colorful.

My be-Luproned inner thighs--well, now, they're more of a traditioinal impressionist collection of dark-dappled smudges with flecks of blue and yellow. No waterlillies or cornfields here, but perhaps a starry, starry sky?

And today, to further decorate my person, I have commissioned this lovely abstract blue-green piece on my left-inner elbow, entitled "E2: Day 6 of Stims." Not, perhaps, something the SF MOMA would be bidding for just yet, but give it a few years to appreciate: they probably didn't want the all-black painting or the bowl-of-hard-candy-as-sculpture number right off the bat, either.

Though being the canvas for these potential masterworks can be painful, and I sometimes resort to visualizing my happy place...


 Posted by Hello

...as the needles go in, I try to remind myself: One must suffer for her ART.

19 Comments:

Anonymous amanda said...

I love the tulips. So pretty. I bruise easily, so I always end up looking like that during a cycle, too. I hope stimming is going well.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Bug, ignore those nasty bruises and keep tiptoe-ing through the tulips!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Julie said...

Best post title EVER.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Cass said...

What Julie said.

And how nice to think of yourself as a work of ART!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Soper said...

Her-her-her, you're funny!

Such pretty tulips....

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just.
Fucking.
Brilliant.

You are. Mmm hmmm.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a good pun and yours was brilliant.

Your post whisked me back to Paris, reminding me of hours in the museum looking at all the paintings.

xxoo,
Emily

5:58 PM  
Anonymous deborah said...

Oh, just you wait. Your ass on PIO will be the "Piece de Resistance" in your little ART project.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Love the tulips...but I really want to see the needle art (yeah, I know I'm sick).

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Julianna said...

I almost feel guilty laughing about your bruises.....I'm right there with you, I almost took some digital pictures of my bruises today, not that I would ever post them! Who could tell the difference between my dimples (hardee har har) and my blueish tinted loveliness........

I hope you are feeling well.

Thinking of you and hoping beyond hope for you.

8:58 PM  
Blogger ankaisa said...

Great post! I'm hoping those bruises mean there are a bunch of nicely growing follies.

11:47 PM  
Blogger The Lioness said...

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Bugs and the pretty flowers, always a winning combo.

12:59 AM  
Blogger The Lioness said...

Oh the title! THE TITLE! I bow to you in awe and wit-envy!

1:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Sorry about the bruises but so glad you're keeping your wit about you!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Shit, why didn't I think of that? I knew those welts from repronex and the subsequent bruising should be worth something (especially when the drugs never worked).

12:05 PM  
Blogger amyesq said...

How is it that when I am on stims I get stupid and when you are on them you get hilarious?

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Day said...

Very clever!
Good luck with stimming!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Cricket said...

You shoot up with grace and that is an ART.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Mellie said...

Bugs,

I came across your Blog yesterday and found your E2 post BRILLIANT. I subsequently went back and read your blog from day 1 and feel a little bit like a stalker since I know (and care) so much about you and yet, you are completely unaware of my existence. I do fervently hope that this cycle takes and that 9 months from now we'll find you and Jeff with a happy and healthy baby to obsess over.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home