Saturday, December 18, 2004

A man, a plan, a canal...

Double IUI: $800.

Double sperm wash: $540.

Blood test: $95.

Having Blue Shield of California PPO? Priceless.

Till COBRA runs out, at least.

***

Quick update: Since December's IUI never got off the ground, I am cautiously pleased to say that I will have not one but two IUI's in January--one the day of the OPK+, one the day after. Double your pleasure, double your fun. Yee haw.

Dr. Action, whom I met with on Wednesday, was extremely sorry that December's cycle was a bust, though she stopped short of accepting responsibility, and wants me to proceed with vigor: the double IUI next month, and possibly again the month after that. She also recommended that I set up an initial consultation with a full-fledged R.E. (she is not an R.E., just an OB-GYN with some additional fertility training), and provided me with names. Her first recommendation, a man who runs a clinic in SF with a fairly small client base and outstanding IVF success rates--I have named him Dr. Meow, for reasons that may or may not be forthcoming--is taking new patients and could have seen me as soon as next week if I'd been in town. As it is, I have an appointment for January 13th. Can't believe it's happening so quickly.

Though this cycle hasn't officially ended yet, and probably won't for another couple of days, I am now focused on January and beyond. Feels so good to have a plan.

A man, a plan, a canal: Panama! Always my favorite palindrome; it seems quite apt, now. Except the Panama part. Never thought of naming a child after a Central American country, but if I have to, at least it's more mellifluous than Honduras, and shorter than Nicaragua.

4 Comments:

Blogger Soper said...

One of my friends growing up was going to name his kids Anna and Bob, so if they were dyslexic they would always be able to spell their names.

I miss him.

Double your pleasure, double your fun -- You'll get a wad, but I bet it's not gum....

OK, that was gross.

6:09 AM  
Blogger E. said...

How about Suriname? It might not be palindrome-friendly, but I bet you could work up a fine Abbot and Costello routine related to someone asking your child his/her surname...

I'm glad you can get into the RE's office so quickly ('though I'm still hoping for this cycle)!

9:28 AM  
Blogger The Barrenness said...

You used "palindrome" and "mellifluous" in the same paragraph! Sorry the IUI didn't pan out.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Cricket said...

I'd vote for Belize for sure.

It rhymes both with babies and with ease.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home