Friday, October 08, 2004

Peeking through fingers

I spent the last two hours watching--and sometimes just listening to--The Debate.

It was refreshing, in a way, because I haven't gotten this acutely worked up about anything since watching Michelle Kwan perform at the Salt Lake City Olympics. (I guess I just outed myself. Yes, I am a figure skating fan. A big, big fan. Loveitloveitloveit. Me and a bunch of nine-year-old girls. Totally embarrassing.) Oh, forgot about the utter panic of peeing on the stick the other day; guess I was pretty worked up about that.

I watched the first hour and ten, then just couldn't take another minute of Dubya's smug, frightening grin, so I went to the other room and just listened through the door. From what I saw, he seemed defensive and angry and deceptive, but didn't bumble or mug or twitch quite as much as last time, so I doubt the polls will show it to be quite as decisive a victory for Kerry as the first one.

I am too full of adrenaline and hope and fear to write much; my hands are still shaking a little bit. The worst part is, I won't be able to fully relax until the first Wednesday after the first Monday in November.

1 Comments:

Blogger Soper said...

Oh, you missed it! I whooped, I cheered -- Bush looked like the moron that he is.

I checked ALL of the informal internet polls this morning, and with the exception of Fox (surprise) they all show Kerry with an 80% lead. Which none of the media outlets are reporting on. How 'bout them apples?

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home