Friday, September 17, 2004

Underemployed

The time: 10:03 this morning
The place: Our bed

J: "So, Bugs, what are you going to do today?"

Me, staring vaguely at the swirling plaster on our ceiling: "Hmmmm...dunno, really. Guess I'll go check my email. Once I've finished my tea. And the newspaper. Are you done with the Datebook section?"

J: "Do you plan to leave the house at all?"

Me, somewhat guiltily: "Oh! Yes, yes, of course. I'm going to go into the yard at least and pick some tomatoes."

J: "Do you plan to put on clothing?"

Me: "Yes, of course."

J: "I think you're going to spend the whole day in your pajamas again."

Me: "What, pajamas aren't clothes?"

J: "Not outdoor clothes."

Me: "What's the difference? The bottoms look like yoga pants anyway."

J: "Not the clown ones."

Me: "I wasn't planning on wearing the clown ones."

J: "You did last week. In the front yard. With my pool shoes. And that hat."

Me: "That was last week."

J: "Whatever. Look like a clown if you want to. What else are you going to do today?"

Me: "I could dry some more tomatoes in the oven."

J: "And?"

Me: "I might shower."

J: "Good idea."




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA... Ok, me, unemployed, last shower, um, Monday.

And I've had to leave the house both Monday and Twice on Tuesday.

Today, I'll shower. later. maybe.

Wearing Sweats and my husbands pants.

Kris
Brokenornot

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home