Friday, September 10, 2004

Gulp

Well, I finally screwed up my courage and called my doctor (useless) to insist on a fertility referral. Dr. Useless, unwilling to give up a fee, perhaps, is insisting that I return yet again to meet with her prior to the referral. She will probably tell me again of how she thought she was infertile but just stopped worrying about it and got pregnant! So helpful. She is a nice woman, pleasant to talk to and perfectly qualified to treat my annual bouts of strep throat, but her fertility advice is maddening.

While this is not exactly what I wanted, it is, at least, some sort of forward motion. I will make my case and demand action; I don't think she can put up much of an argument against it. The guidelines are on my side; I'm printing out the INCIID definition of infertility and when to seek treatment so I can politely shake it in her face if she gives me trouble.

Taking this step is scary for me, but I think the haze of inactive futility is probably worse. In fact, I feel better aleady.

Which may also be because the heat snap has finally broken. There's a lovely, crisp breeze.


1 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

We have to be our own best advocates. I hope it goes well for you!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home