Wednesday, September 29, 2004

CD1

On the bright side, I did gather my courage and test. On the dark side, my fears of The One Pink Line were, unsurprisingly, proved correct.

Late yesterday, hands shaking, I peed on the stick, averted my eyes, set the timer to three minutes and waited in panic. And then saw the sea of white. And at 5:03 this morning, the brutal cramps started in, a wave of nausea and a flood of red.

J., more thoughtful and lovely and kind than I could have hoped, has decided to take me off on another trip--Lassen and Crater Lake--starting tomorrow. If mud pots and fumaroles and thermal vents don't distract me, my obsession will officially have exceeded any reasonable boundaries and I should be banned from TTC till I can screw my head on straight.

I'm taking my laptop but doubt I'll have internet access, so I'll most likely be back a-blogging early next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

As always, I'm sorry. We were rooting for you this cycle.

Have fun on your trip, and leave your troubles as far behind as possible.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

What a disappointment. Even a mud-pot pales.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home