Monday, August 23, 2004

Land of Enchantment

I spent the last few days as a paid visitor to Fertility Wonderland. This is the land where five-month-old girl babies burble and giggle and smell like honey, smiling on cue and throwing silken webs of perfection from their tiny, tiny fingers, spreading them over all and sundry. Where babies have transformed the lives of their beaming parents--happily, happily!--and un-selfconsciously promote themselves as the reason for all life to exist around them.

This was my family reunion.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Yeah, I have a Fertility Wonderland, too, and I go there quite often. However, since the old folks in my nationality are rude and ignorant (harrassing me about my infertility more and more lately), I've stopped visiting so much. Makes me sad because I enjoy all the babies SO MUCH, but I CAN'T handle all the grown-ups. Piss off, people! Hope your visit wasn't too bad.

2:23 PM  
Blogger DeadBug said...

Oh, my god, Katie, I couldn't agree more. All of those dubious looks and leading questions from my sister, father, grandmother...I just want to run from the room and never come back. If I could bring myself to tell them all that IT'S NOT WORKING. WE ARE TRYING. But I can't. I don't think I could take the pity any more than the pressure.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home